Introduction and background
No matter what diet you follow or what exercise plan the gym gives you, there is no way around controlling your appetite. You cannot lose weight unless you do that and this is a simple fact. Whether you follow the Atkins diet, the HCG diet or even herbal supplements, every one of them is going to instruct you to eat less, meaning to suppress the appetite. And fact number two is, hunger pangs will be there. There is no way around them either. All you can do is try to make it easier on yourself by finding tips to control it or if you love food too much, then again finding tips to control it!
Why is Appetite Control necessary?
Your body does not get obese overnight. It takes time for the fat to store up inside and to make you chubbier than you were before. Hence, to take that fat off will take time too. This is why appetite control is necessary. Unless you control your diet, there is no way you’ll be able to lose the amount of weight you want.
How to control the appetite? Tips and Hints
Now that you’ve learned the important of appetite control, the question remains how to control it. Here are some hints and tips that will definitely help if your are determined enough to have a single course rather than three at a meal. They are accompanied by information as to how and why it can control the appetite.
• Remember to drink water before eating anything. If you fill up your stomach with water then you will feel full sooner because the space for food in your stomach is now half filled with water.
• Try not to drink water after you’ve started or finished eating. It will hinder or slow down digestion and since you’ve already filled the stomach with food, water will most likely stretch the muscles to create more space.
• Don’t let your cravings get to you. Psychiatrists tell people to develop control over your mind rather than your stomach so that it enables you to say ‘no’. Once you start saying no and eating less, the appetite is already suppressed and soon you’ll eat a minimum amount and feel fulfilled.
• Try sticking to fibre foods. They aid in bowel movements and digestion and do not create stored fat in the body. Fibre also accomplishes a satisfied stomach. That is why people often eat salads; because they are high in fibre as it is present in green leafy vegetables.
• Take a little stroll after dinner. This helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle and many have reported that it makes them sleep better and eat less. It is wrong to say that walking will make you even hungrier. Exercise might do that, but not a light stroll.
• Sleep at the right time and get the right amount of hours for dozing off. You might be surprised how important it is to what you eat and how your body wants it. If you sleep less, you’re exhausted and your metabolism slows down. Thus, the energy utilization is also slowed down.
• Do not skip breakfast. It is the essence and the starting meal of your day and is important to how your body will function for the rest of the twenty four hours. It jet starts your metabolism and if keeps you off snacks during the afternoon and till lunch.
• Avoid snacks. There will be a lot of written works available that might tell you to feed yourself to avoid hunger pangs but once you start on snacks, you will never stop. Snacks are not healthy. Unless you’re having milk in the evening, it is suggested to lay off anything else. Otherwise your mind and mouth and stomach will be used to eating something all the time. Do not develop the habit.
• Vegetables keep your appetite in check. Eat green leafy ones, even broccoli because it helps.
• Eat slowly. Do not rush through meals. It gives your mind a sense that you’re eating a lot even if you aren’t really.
Finally, use some safe and natural herbal diet pills (appetite control pills). They are not only safe and effective but highly affordable as well.
Appetite suppression isn’t hard. All you need is the right information and a little self control and you’ll be just fine. It isn’t hard to do. In the start, it might be but humans adapt quickly.
Pretty soon, you won’t even notice the hunger pangs and sooner after that, you won’t even get any! Remember, drink water and avoid snacks and use some time-tested and recommended appetite control pills and you can lose weight and maintain it forever like never before.