On August 2, 2015 |
Add Comment »
Introduction And Background
Anything you have to do in this world, it will require your will. No one can make your body move against your wishes and no one can make you eat food (unless you are just a little kid and your parents are forcing you to eat broccoli). The bottom line is, everything has to be done with your wishes and the consent of your will power. Even dieting falls in that category. If you do not have the will to diet, it will probably be unsuccessful. Will power is something completely under your control but you can help mold it to your liking as well. Read on further to find out how will power works for appetite suppression.
The Importance Of Suppressing Your Appetite
A lot of people don’t give it enough importance, but in fact, without appetite suppression you can forget about losing any weight. Think about it this way, if you eat a lot, whatever you want whether it is burgers and fries and fried steaks, will you be able to put it all off just by exercising? Of course you won’t be exercising all the time; most people just exercise for two to three hours at maximum. Even that isn’t enough to burn all the calories from what you’ve eaten. Hence, in order to ensure that your weighing scale pin goes down, you need to burn more calories than you are taking in. And that only comes when you have suppressed your appetite.
Exercise Will Power Over Appetite Suppression
Let’s get one thing straight. If you do not have will power to suppress the appetite, it is very difficult that you will be able to do so. Appetite suppression does not come about just by wishing for it or doing it for a day. It is a painstaking procedure, especially for those who love to eat anyway. You need to exercise your will power over appetite suppression and then work on other things that can help you. Here is how you can help your mind control your stomach!
- A lot of doctors tell this technique to the patient. If you feel like gobbling down something delicious which has a lot of calories, you have to look at it first for a full ten seconds. Then you have to shake your head from side to side, saying no to yourself silently. When the ten seconds are up, you’ll have enough self-control to walk away from the delicacy and think about something else. It actually has worked for a lot of people. They say that rather than acting on their urge, if they wait just a little to assemble and assess their thoughts, wants and their diet plans, they can walk away from eating something they really like.
- Keeping yourself motivated is the essence behind your will power. If you are not motivated enough, does not really matter what you do. You will not have enough will power to pursue your diet and suppress your appetite. Those who are successful on their diets have a lot of will power and determination on where their plans are concerned. It is pretty easy for someone to say that they can diet and an altogether different experience to actually do it. You need to keep yourself motivated and strive for a smart body in order for your will power to kick in. You can’t just sit around waiting for things to happen. You actually have to do them!
- Whenever you see some food item, tell yourself the number of calories it contains. The number, if it is high, will be enough to drive you away from eating that food. It will give you enough will power.
Other Ways To Suppress The Appetite
Just your will isn’t enough at times. You can take the help of other items to help suppress the appetite. There are techniques such as drinking a lot of water before every meal so there is less space for food. Eventually, your appetite is suppressed this way. There are fruits and vegetables which fill you up quickly and of course a protein meal always keeps your hunger at bay for a good many hours. You don’t only have to work over your mind, you can work smartly too by eating stuff that will suppress the appetite!
You know the importance of appetite suppression. You know the importance of will power over the entire duration of your diet and you know how to keep yourself motivated and why it is essential. You also know there are other techniques to help yourself. Hence, you know all the information now. If you need to diet and suppress your appetite, there should be nothing holding you back now! Lose those pounds and get a good body!
Add Comment »
Introduction And Background
Appetite suppression is one of the things that you definitely have to achieve if you want to lose weight. It is the most important factor in a diet and the key element behind making your weight loss plans successful. Appetite suppression can be achieved through many ways. There are many techniques to losing weight but one thing that you should always take advantage of is appetite suppression through water. It can help you immensely. Read the article further to find out how water can help you and how there are also many other things present which can aid to appetite suppression. You won’t be disappointed.
How To Use Water As An Appetite Suppressant
Using water as an appetite suppressant is probably the best thing you can do in your diet. It does not cost you a bit and becomes a healthy habit. One thing you should keep in mind is that you should always drink water before your meals. It is essential that you know this; it helps a lot. Take a glass or two of water and gulp it down before you eat anything. What happens this way is that your stomach automatically has less space and your tendency to eat becomes little as well. Your appetite reduces basically. Do it before breakfast, lunch and dinner and you will see that you are eating less naturally. However, keep one thing in mind. Do not drink water immediately after a meal. It will ruin your digestion and it will also expand your stomach further. So do not think of doing that. At least wait half an hour or forty five minutes before drinking water after a meal.
Water Before Eating Snacks
You don’t only have to drink water before every meal. You can also utilize this concept before having your snacks. It will aid in digestion and also bring your health to the best of its capacity. Water does suppress the appetite. If you feel hungry and are about to eat something, try to drink water before eating it. It will make you eat less automatically.
Other Ways To Suppress The Appetite
There are numerous other ways to suppress the appetite. Using water as an appetite suppressant is probably the most important and one that can be kept in mind and done easily, but there are other methods as well.
- Some people try to eat a lot of fibrous foods. It actually gives you a lesser number of calories and also fills you up quickly. Make a list of fiber foods and keep them stocked up, in case you are hungry and need a good filling up.
- Some people eat a lot of protein, especially during breakfast. Eating protein not only fills you up but it keeps you full for longer as well. Protein digestion is the last to occur, which means the food stays in your stomach for a longer period of time. If there is food present, you are less likely to remain hungry!
- There are fruits as well which are pretty rich in fiber and most of them have vitamins which can help suppress the appetite. For instance, apple is a rich in fiber fruit which is also pretty beneficial to the health, especially the teeth. Oranges are another such fruit which you can eat to suppress the appetite.
- Some people wear belts around their waist. It keeps their posture straight and another thing that it does is that it makes you eat less. Who can eat normally when there is applied pressure around their stomach?
- There are herbal supplement available as well for appetite suppression but with all the natural methods, these would probably come as a last resort. However, they aren’t bad and if you really need to control your appetite, you can take their help as well.
No Weight Loss Without Appetite Suppression
You can keep in mind that there is absolutely no weight loss without appetite suppression. Some men and women believe that they can eat as much as they want, as long as they exercise properly. This is a wrong concept. It is not possible to lose weight without appetite suppression, no matter how much you exercise. You can maintain weight this way but losing it would be kind of really difficult to achieve.
Appetite suppression by drinking plenty of water is the way to go. You need to get this habit instilled in you daily life and it will help you onwards as well. Water is amazing at detoxifying your body and if you’re hydrated well, it makes it easier to diet as well. Hence, before every meal and every snack, drink water. And make sure that you do not drink it afterwards immediately as that can ruin your digestion.
On July 21, 2015 |
Add Comment »
Introduction And Production
There are a lot of things that effect the appetite. There is the amount of food that you are used to eating, how much you love eating in the first place and there are other factors as well. Environment is a factor. People generally have large appetites if they live in cold areas as compared to those who live in sunny areas. Did you know also that smoking affects the appetite as well? This is what the article will explain to you, how smoking has a dramatic effect on the body and the metabolism as well as the eating habits. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you will know all the effects and can clearly see what it does.
How Smoking Affects The Appetite?
We all know that smoking affects the appetite but we do not know how exactly it works. Well, here is how it plays its game:
- We all know that cigarettes are harmful. They contain substances which has the ability to ruin the taste buds on our tongue. What happens is, once our taste buds are messed with, we are less likely to enjoy our food and that makes us eat less. Sometimes we only eat because our stomach is empty but rarely do smokers feel like eating a lot just to enjoy it or relish in it.
- Most people who smoke do it frequently. What happens after that is that they smoke around lunch time and dinner time as well. All that inhaled smoke takes away most of their appetite and they are again prone to eating less. This is the reason why chain smokers are sometimes found to be really thin.
- Tobacco is also known to decrease appetites but sometimes it does take the opposite effect in some people!
Weight Gain – A Scare
We all know smoking is injurious and harmful to health but this does not stop a lot of people from taking up smoking just to lose weight. However, this is not all! Some people even continue smoking because they are afraid they will gain weight if they stop! Firstly, one shouldn’t smoke to control their appetite in the first place. Even if you do lose weight by doing it, you will just gain it all back in the end because once you stop smoking, a lot of other effects take place. You are used to having something in your hand and that makes it probable that you will eat more once you stop smoking. This has to stop. One should not use smoking as a means of a weight loss technique in the first place. It is highly dangerous and will ruin your health incredibly. Many youngsters try out smoking just to lose weight and then they are unable to quit, either because they are addicted now or because they are afraid they will gain weight immediately if they stop.
Keep Healthier Options In Mind
There are so many healthier options present which will not only help you to lose weight in the same manner but they will also provide nourishment for the body that it so badly needs. Thinking of smoking as a means to decrease appetite is unhealthy and probably everyone in the world would advise you against it. There are so many other problems that could arise because of it. Hair loss, teeth discoloration, your lips can become pale and there is also evidence to suggest that smoking increases dark circles. What is the point of losing weight in this manner? Keep that in mind. It won’t be worth it. And of course, addiction is a huge problem. Tobacco is very addictive and even if you were planning to just smoke for a month or two, chances are that you will be unable to quit if you have gotten used to smoking or the idea of smoking.
What Are Healthier Options?
Healthier options are to eat the foods that have fiber in them and to eat foods that keep you full for longer so that you are able to stick to your diet rather than stray away from it. Another healthy option is to exercise! You can exercise more and remain fit and healthy rather than turning yourself to a more dangerous solution such as smoking.
The best conclusion that you can draw from this article is that even though smoking might perhaps help you for weight loss, it is not the way to do things. You can also see that once you leave smoking, you will be right here you started and there are so many problems that can come to your appearance by smoking. Smoking is even more dangerous than obesity. Thus, if you want to lose weight and take control of your appetite, do it the healthier and natural way.
Incoming search terms:
- smoking and appetite suppression