On July 21, 2015 |
Add Comment »
Introduction And Production
There are a lot of things that effect the appetite. There is the amount of food that you are used to eating, how much you love eating in the first place and there are other factors as well. Environment is a factor. People generally have large appetites if they live in cold areas as compared to those who live in sunny areas. Did you know also that smoking affects the appetite as well? This is what the article will explain to you, how smoking has a dramatic effect on the body and the metabolism as well as the eating habits. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you will know all the effects and can clearly see what it does.
How Smoking Affects The Appetite?
We all know that smoking affects the appetite but we do not know how exactly it works. Well, here is how it plays its game:
- We all know that cigarettes are harmful. They contain substances which has the ability to ruin the taste buds on our tongue. What happens is, once our taste buds are messed with, we are less likely to enjoy our food and that makes us eat less. Sometimes we only eat because our stomach is empty but rarely do smokers feel like eating a lot just to enjoy it or relish in it.
- Most people who smoke do it frequently. What happens after that is that they smoke around lunch time and dinner time as well. All that inhaled smoke takes away most of their appetite and they are again prone to eating less. This is the reason why chain smokers are sometimes found to be really thin.
- Tobacco is also known to decrease appetites but sometimes it does take the opposite effect in some people!
Weight Gain – A Scare
We all know smoking is injurious and harmful to health but this does not stop a lot of people from taking up smoking just to lose weight. However, this is not all! Some people even continue smoking because they are afraid they will gain weight if they stop! Firstly, one shouldn’t smoke to control their appetite in the first place. Even if you do lose weight by doing it, you will just gain it all back in the end because once you stop smoking, a lot of other effects take place. You are used to having something in your hand and that makes it probable that you will eat more once you stop smoking. This has to stop. One should not use smoking as a means of a weight loss technique in the first place. It is highly dangerous and will ruin your health incredibly. Many youngsters try out smoking just to lose weight and then they are unable to quit, either because they are addicted now or because they are afraid they will gain weight immediately if they stop.
Keep Healthier Options In Mind
There are so many healthier options present which will not only help you to lose weight in the same manner but they will also provide nourishment for the body that it so badly needs. Thinking of smoking as a means to decrease appetite is unhealthy and probably everyone in the world would advise you against it. There are so many other problems that could arise because of it. Hair loss, teeth discoloration, your lips can become pale and there is also evidence to suggest that smoking increases dark circles. What is the point of losing weight in this manner? Keep that in mind. It won’t be worth it. And of course, addiction is a huge problem. Tobacco is very addictive and even if you were planning to just smoke for a month or two, chances are that you will be unable to quit if you have gotten used to smoking or the idea of smoking.
What Are Healthier Options?
Healthier options are to eat the foods that have fiber in them and to eat foods that keep you full for longer so that you are able to stick to your diet rather than stray away from it. Another healthy option is to exercise! You can exercise more and remain fit and healthy rather than turning yourself to a more dangerous solution such as smoking.
The best conclusion that you can draw from this article is that even though smoking might perhaps help you for weight loss, it is not the way to do things. You can also see that once you leave smoking, you will be right here you started and there are so many problems that can come to your appearance by smoking. Smoking is even more dangerous than obesity. Thus, if you want to lose weight and take control of your appetite, do it the healthier and natural way.
Incoming search terms:
Add Comment »
Introduction And Background
When you plan to lose weight, there are a lot of things that you research on. You first have to select the diet that suits you the most and then find out a lot about the food you are eating. Some foods have certain vitamins and minerals in them that are essential for proper weight loss while some foods can help you suppress your appetite and make dieting easier for you. It is necessary to learn how to suppress the appetite and control how much you eat because otherwise, you really cannot lose weight any other way.
The Importance Of Appetite Suppression
Why is appetite suppression so important? It is important because it is the key that unlocks the lock of weight loss. Think about it yourself, why are people obese? It is because they eat a lot and lead a lethargic lifestyle. They consume so many calories from junk food or anything that is fattening really. In order for weight loss to really occur and help, one must think about suppressing the appetite. Once your appetite is suppressed, you can easily carry on the diet. You won’t feel the need to eat more and you will be content and satisfied with whatever you are having. This is also the reason why most dieters fail to continue their diets beyond two or three days. They are unable to suppress their appetites and control their hunger cravings, thus giving up altogether the diet they embarked on.
Some Foods That Fill You Up
Of course, foods that fill you up have something special in them. Some of them are high water while some of them are high fiber foods. Of course, proteins also take a long time to digest in the stomach so they are also on the top amongst foods that can suppress the appetite. Here is a list of some of the foods which can help you to fill up that stomach for a longer time or even send brain signals, thus suppressing the appetite.
- Protein always helps you to lose weight. In fact, it is the most important element in the food pyramid. It is the building block of life. Most of the diets exclude carbs and fats but no diet will ever exclude proteins, it is that important. Proteins take a longer time to digest in the stomach so it gives you a feeling of contentment. This is why people are told mostly to have a heavy breakfast that has proteins in it. No matter how strenuous your daily routine is, you still refrain from munching on something till lunchtime if you have had a good breakfast. It also boosts up your metabolism. Lean meat has a lot of protein in it. Eggs do as well. Fish and soybeans are also amongst the top list for foods that fill you up. If you have a heavy breakfast, you will consume fewer calories throughout the day.
- Nuts are also another type of food that is terrific at filling up a person. A handful of nuts such as almonds will definitely stop anyone from overeating. They are also healthy and nutritious and they will make you consume fewer calories. They also keep you content for a longer time, suppressing the appetite.
- Oatmeal has a lot of fiber and high fiber foods should be on the top of your list if you are thinking of dieting and having a fit digestive system as well. Fiber favors peristalsis.
- Of course, fruits cannot escape the list. Fruits are vital and apple is one of these vital things. Apples are rich in vitamins and high in fiber, making it the perfect weight loss tool. And yes, we have all obviously heard the saying – an apple a day keeps the doctor away! An apple a day also keeps obesity away!
- Pomegranate is another food which suppresses the appetite. Rich in vitamins, it is also recognized as a fat burner.
- Mint, in drinks or in food or just generally, is considered quite the fat burner and metabolic booster. What’s more, it is also one of the best appetite suppressants.
- Chia seeds are not that common but have omega fatty acids and a lot of fiber which can only help you cause.
- Cucumbers are found in most salads but you should munch on them anyway. They have extremely few calories and also taste fresh. They will definitely suppress your appetite.
Just like the foods that are mentioned above, there are countless others which can really fill you up and suppress the appetite. If you are serious about weight loss, you need to take an account of all of them and then help yourself to them as much as you can so that you keep your diet in check. It really helps!
Add Comment »
Introduction And Background
Ask anyone, what’s the most important thing in a diet? Most of them will answer immediately; appetite suppression and exercise. Now, without appetite suppression, it is not possible for you to lose weight. Understand this first and the background of it and then we’ll move forward. Now, in order to reduce your weight, you have to ensure that the number of calories you consume are less than the number of calories you are burning daily. In order for that to happen, you obviously have to eat less. And how can you eat less? You have to suppress the appetite. It is a cycle of things which comes back to the same phenomenon; appetite suppression. There are many ways to suppress the appetite.
The Use Of Almonds
We’ve mostly heard that nuts and crackers are pretty good at suppressing the appetite and keeping our hunger at bay. But little did anyone realize the terrific use of almonds for this sole purpose. Obesity can actually be reduced by the use of almonds for appetite suppression. Now you might be wondering how is it that such a small thing can reduce your appetite? Well, they are pretty effective. Research has shown that those who have a handful of almonds twice or thrice a week are more likely to eat less and are content with their food as compared to the people who did not take any almonds.
The Benefits Of Almonds
You might be wondering how almonds benefit this purpose so. In fact, they have various benefits. Almonds are rich in antioxidants and we all know how important they are to detoxify the body and to make sure that it runs properly. They are also rich in Vitamin E and it has been proven time and time again how this particular vitamins aids in reducing hunger pangs and keeping us at bay from eating for longer periods of time. Almonds also have magnesium in them and while the connection between magnesium and appetite suppression is very little, it is still a pretty important mineral! Whatever almonds have, there is no doubt that they do increase the feeling of being full and you generally stray away from eating any more food till the next mealtime.
Other Ways To Suppress The Appetite
Eating almonds is a very important way and one that totally works but there are other mechanisms as well which can help you to achieve weight loss. Here is a list of some of them and together, by eating almonds and these, you can actually achieve what you aim for.
- Drinking water before every meal is a sure shot way to reduce your appetite. Think about it. You are already filling your stomach with a liquid and more than that, you are making less space for the food available. It will automatically make you eat less!
- Try to have a protein meal for breakfast. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal for the day and if you have a delicious protein meal, it might make you stay away from eating anything else such as chips or cookies till lunchtime. Proteins take a longer time to digest in the stomach and you will be feeling energetic and pretty happy throughout the day rather than crave for food every other hour. Appetite suppression has key elements in it and one of them is knowing about your body. Hence, try to eat eggs or even lean meat sandwiches for breakfast. You will know and feel the difference yourself.
- Appetite suppressing supplements are also available and if you are afraid of having something that is manufactured, don’t be. They are actually made from natural herbs which suppress the appetite themselves so you have nothing to worry about actually. They are perfectly natural and do not have any side effects.
- Fiber is a pretty great appetite suppressant. It keeps you full and you don’t even get that many calories. Fiber rich foods should be on your top priority list along with proteins if you are in the mood to lose weight. These two things are they key elements of food for weight loss. Of course you have to stay away from fats and carbs but fiber and proteins give you a feeling of fulfillment and you don’t even get that many calories from them. They are excellent for body healthy, growth and repair as well!
Appetite suppression via almonds is one of the things that should definitely be on your list if you are planning to lose weight. You need all the help you can get, it is not easy to suppress your appetite especially when it is likely large because if you are trying to lose weight, you are most likely obese. Take all the help you can get!