On November 22, 2015 |
Add Comment »
Introduction And Background
Those who are intent on losing weight or maintaining their weight are pretty updated to the new research coming along on weight issues or what helps to lose weight. For instance, in the previous decade, green tea was discovered to have an amazing effect on metabolism and by now most dieters have added it as a refreshing beverage to their daily routines to kick-start their metabolism and help burn fat. Same is the case with beets. It has, over the past few years, become quite popular in the weight loss circles because of its many abilities which you will read in this article. Get acquainted with beet and weight loss!
What Are Beets?
A beet is in fact a vegetable that you might have seen as it isn’t a rare species! It is often used in quite a few dishes or meals prepared. There are various types of beets but mostly you’ll see the pinkish red ones the most. They are nutritionally pretty sufficient as they contain a lot of vitamins and minerals, iron being the most important. Most women who are dieting often develop anemia and have to take iron supplements to overcome it. With beets, they might not have to do that, provided they are taking enough beets that is.
How Are Beets Good For Weight Loss?
Well, the thing that makes beets excellent for weight loss is that they contain about fifty calories per cup. That is literally consuming zero calories for a dieter. Fifty calories per cup means that one can easily have two cups of beets and be cool about it, especially since there are other factors that aid to weight loss as well. Here they are:
- Beets help fight off water retention. Sometimes the body starts retaining a lot of water and that might be the issue behind the excessive weight or suddenly gaining a lot of weight. Beets help to overcome that and that can actually help tip the scales and before you know, there’s a difference of three to four kilograms.
- Beets are great antioxidants and help detoxify the body. The body can at times lose weight because of the removal of certain toxins from it. Beet can help do that. Reduced toxin in the body also ensures reduced inflammation in the body.
- Beets have certain nutrients which can help fight off diabetes and sometimes weight gain is inevitable with a type of diabetes. That can also be altered by the use of beets.
- Beets contain a lot of fiber and we all know how amazing fiber is for weight loss. In fact, many dieters actually search for high fiber foods to add to their diets. Well, beet should definitely be on that list! Fiber is not digested or absorbed and we don’t get any calories from it. It is also good for peristalsis and bowel movements and helps improve constipation, which is often what dieters suffer from because they do not have enough fiber in their diets.
How To Have Beets?
Beets are not taken raw. They are mostly cut up and boiled or brawled or added in other foods. You can even microwave beets and they often end up being pretty delicious to some. You can even roast beets. What’s good about them is that they contain a certain sweetness that is not common in vegetables. Vegetables are rarely sweet. You can even dice up the beets and put them in a salad or cook it with other vegetables. The bottom line is, you can really do anything you want them and have them any way you like.
Why It Is Necessary To Finds Such Foods For Weight Loss?
Like beets, there are other foods as well which you should search upon and find out about in order to lose weight. Such foods, which have low calories and high fiber, can really help your aim. Not only they do make you full but they are also not giving you many calories which means that you’ll have to get them from your fat storage anyway and what’s more, fiber helps a lot because it gives you the feeling of fullness and deals with the other department as well (the bowel movements).
You probably do not have beets lying around and would need to go out and buy them. If that is the case, do not delay any further. You’ll enjoy the taste as well and it is a healthy vegetable with lots of nutrients. You’ll be getting a pretty good percentage of daily value of iron as well as potassium among other minerals and vitamins. And you can cook it the way you like it. There should be nothing standing in the way of you and beets now, add them to your diet food list!
Add Comment »
Introduction And Background
Appetite suppression is the one thing that you badly need to achieve during a diet programs. Weight loss is of course the ultimate goal but without appetite suppression, you’ll find yourself having a very hard time getting there, if at all you get there. This article will explain to you what appetite suppression is and how essential it is to your weight loss regime. Furthermore, you will know about the role of green leafy vegetables in suppressing the appetite. Read on further and acquaint yourself, especially if you are looking for ways to lose weight!
The Importance Of Appetite Suppression
Every single time, before you embark on the way of appetite suppression, you should always remind yourself of its importance in your mission. It helps to concentrate more and have better control over your will power in order to get your mission done. You see, without suppressing your appetite, it will become mighty difficult for you to lose weight. Even if you are exercising a lot or even if you’re only stuffing yourself with diet foods, you still would need to suppress your appetite in order to lose weight. For instance, you’re going to the gym regularly and work out for about two to three hours a day. That will only maintain your weight or tone your body if you are eating the same amount and stuffing yourself with burgers and French fries after the gym. If you want to tip the scales of the weighing machine in your favor, you need to have a control on what you’re eating and how much you’re eating.
Green Leafy Vegetables And Appetite Suppression
Appetite suppression is easier said than done. Imagine telling a person, who absolutely loves food, that they cannot eat the things they used to eat anymore. And what’s more, they’re going to eat different things now and in very minute amounts. No one will find that easy to do, especially initially during the diet when it is the toughest to control those raging hunger pangs. But that is not as difficult anymore with many a things that can help with the entire appetite suppression process. Green leafy vegetables are one of them. Here are a few reasons as to why green leafy vegetables are terrific for appetite suppression and why you should be having them during your diet.
- Green leafy vegetables are a high fiber food and we’re all aware of how beneficial fiber is in our diets. Fiber is not absorbed in our body and is egested. In fact, one does not get any calories from fiber and more than that, it also solves the problem of constipation. Since one does not eat much during a diet, sometimes they face problems passing stool. Fiber enhances peristalsis and solves this problem as well!
- Green leafy vegetables themselves do not have that many calories. In fact, you can eat as much as you want because most of the leaves contain cellulose, a substance which our body cannot digest. That too is removed without getting any calories from it.
- They are scrumptious and keep your hunger at bay because they remain in the stomach for quite some time. The vegetables, especially green leafy ones, are not quickly digested, sort of like protein. That gives the human body time to remain away from any desirable foods since their stomach is already full.
- Research is being done on Thylakoids, a substance present in green leafy vegetables. It enhances appetite suppression. There is sufficient evidence to suggest that thylakoids either burn fat or inhibit fat storage which is pretty beneficial to a person who is on a diet!
Other Ways To Suppress The Appetite
There are other ways to suppress the appetite, you don’t have to stick to just one! Eat a lot of green, leafy vegetables. You can have them in the raw form or sprinkle a little olive oil on them, both ways are enough to satisfy you. However, there are other methods you can use as well along with eating the green leafy vegetables. For one, you could have fiber foods lying around that do not have that many calories. Another way you can try to suppress the appetite is to drink water before every meal. That fills your stomach right up and you eat less automatically. But remember not to drink water immediately after eating your meal. That will inhibit the digesting process and is unhealthy for the body overall.
Appetite suppression via green leafy vegetables is the way to go about it. Not only are they yummy but they are healthy as well. Green, leafy vegetables have iron in them and a hundred other nutrients that are vital for the normal functioning of your body. They have very little carbs and almost zero fat. You can’t do wrong with them!
On November 16, 2015 |
Add Comment »
Introduction And Background
If you have already tried to diet, you must know how essential it is to suppress the appetite. And if you are just starting out, you should know the importance of it. The thing is, you have to suppress and control the appetite if you want to burn more calories than you consume in a day. You can do the math yourself and realize that this is the only way you can lose weight. Exercise of course helps to burn more calories but other than that, there really is no other way in which you can lose weight (liposuction aside). But don’t be afraid, there are numerous ways in which you can lessen your appetite.
The Help Of Plums
Plums are generally considered to be very nutritious and healthy for the body. But not many know much about plums or eat them. We’re always accustomed to the common fruit such as apples, oranges, bananas and pears to name a few. But plums are what we should be considering! They are pretty helpful in appetite suppression and one can even make quite a few dishes out of plums if no one wants to have it raw.
How Do Plums Suppress The Appetite?
Of course, in this century, with research and knowledge, everyone wants to know how things happen and what the reason behind it is. And rightfully so! In accordance, here is how plums suppress the appetite:
- Plums help to release certain hormones in the body which are responsible for controlling hunger levels. Hence, when we eat plums, hormones are released which automatically tell the body that it is satisfied and does not feel as hungry or at all. This enables a person to either stop eating and be happy with the amount they’ve eaten or to eat but only a little. Gradually, in this manner, not only will the appetite reduce but it will be mighty easier to stick to the diet as well. The hunger pangs are the reason for ruining most of the diets and when that is under control, one need not worry about much else after that!
- Plums also balance glucose levels in the body which means there are no unnecessary spikes in the blood sugar levels after having food. The spikes are often responsible for insulin secretion and glucose is then stored this way. It is safe to say that plums reduce carbohydrate storage and absorption into the blood stream which is good. Controlling blood sugar levels is overall better too because it can reduce the risk of diseases such as diabetes.
- Have you ever heard the analogy where when you want to do something, you must do the exact opposite to get over that effect? Plums are also being used this way effectively. Plums have a somewhat sour taste, especially Umeboshi plums. When you are in the mood to have something sweet and sugary, eat a plum. It will fight off your craving and is astonishingly very effective. A lot of people have commented on how easy it was to overcome their cravings for something sweet after having a bit of plum.
Other Ways To Suppress The Appetite
You can never have too much help while on a diet! Plums are pretty great at suppressing the appetite, as you can clearly see after reading all the above. Still, here are a few more techniques to suppressing the appetite and boosting the metabolism so that you are fully learned on the subject of appetite suppressing techniques.
- The most basic way to suppress the appetite, a way you should always use no matter what, is to drink water about ten minutes before having your meal be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. When you drink water before eating, you fill half of the stomach up with water. This means that there will be less space for food and automatically you will feel full sooner. Now the trick here is to stop when you feel full. Don’t overeat otherwise the stomach will expand and don’t drink water immediately after finishing your meal. That will also inhibit digestion and is generally not good for health.
- Find out about more foods that suppress the appetite. For instance, we all know that having nuts about once or twice a week is a great metabolic booster. Almonds are especially on top of that list. Aside from almonds, even berries are considered to be great appetite suppressants.
- Vegetables and fruits should definitely be your snacks rather than snacking up on something salty and unhealthy. Green, leafy vegetables do not even have that many calories and are excellent for health.
Suppress your appetite by plums and see the difference. You must use these techniques, they are actually helpful and before you know it, you’ll be slim and smart!