Introduction And Background
Appetite suppression has recently gained a lot of fame in the dieting world and rightfully so! It was under acknowledged at first but now it has come to the correct stature and recognition. Know this, when you are dieting, exercise is not the only thing to concentrate on. It is equally important to suppress the appetite and get a control on your food cravings. The thing is, if you eat all you want and exercise, you will either gain weight or maintain the weight you are at. You are not eating any less and no matter how much you exercise you cannot possibly burn all those calories you took in. Thus, it leaves you in want of losing weight. However, if you suppress the appetite and control yourself, it is the perfect path to weight loss. Of course, you have to exercise too. Now that you are fully attentive towards the words appetite suppression, let us dwell on the secrets about it.
Appetite Suppression: Not An Easy Task
If you think it is easy to control your food craving all of a sudden then try it out. You’ll know it is very hard, especially if you have gained weight because of it and are a food lover. It is not easy to suppress the appetite. It becomes easier when you get in the habit of it but even getting into the habit of it is not easy. People stop and start to eat whatever they like and never get habitual about it. This is also the reason why most diets fail. However, you have to make an effort on your part too but there are ways in which you can control your food cravings, ways that will help you achieve what you want.
5 Secrets For Appetite Suppression
Here are five secrets that you will need to know for appetite suppression. If you try these out, you might just get what you want. Of course, these are not some magic spells that will compel you to do stuff. You will have to make an effort on your part as well, do not forget that. But these ways might help you in the process and make things easier for the future.
- The thing you have to utilize the most is water. Actually, liquids will do as well considering they are not fatty and nor have any sugar in them. Basically, liquids that do not at all have the potential to give you a lot of calories. But since water is the best, we’ll stick to that. Water is used as a perfect appetite suppressant. Now, you’ll all be wondering how in the world is that possible. Try drinking water before every meal and do not even have a sip of it after you have eaten until an hour at least. Once you drink water at the beginning, you have already filled your stomach with something that will never make you fat and it will also make you feel full sooner since your stomach space will be filled quickly. Try not to drink water right after a meal though because food digestion is disturbed that way and it is not good for health or weight loss.
- Try to eat more slowly. The brain feels that you have eaten a lot if you eat slowly rather than be quick and eat a whole lot that way. If you take smaller bites even and try to savor each and every taste rather than go through all of it in a flash, you’ll feel content with what you’ve eaten and will be unlikely to take more.
- If it is really hard for you, you can also wear a belt around the stomach which can enable you to eat less and be content with whatever you are having. You have to do this only for a few days and after that you yourself would be in control since your stomach size would have shrunk too.
- Try out foods that can suppress the appetite. Many people don’t believe in this but actually does work. There are some foods such as specific fruits and vegetables which are not fattening and which also have certain elements that can help control the appetite. They either make you feel content sooner or help in decreasing your appetite in a similar manner.
- Do not skip on breakfast or important meals. A lot of people skip on meals thinking they can survive but they end up eating more than they should in the process. Thus, it is necessary to avoid snacks and to stick to important meals of the day. This helps you to eat punctually and with a concise appetite.
Appetite suppression is a little difficult but there are ways in which you can make it a little easier. These ways will definitely help you.